Resources for Service Providers
Service providers who work with expectant families or families with young children are in a position to assist them in understanding PMD and direct them to community resources and support.
Resources for Families:
- Click here to print Peel Postpartum Mood Disorder Program brochures, flyers and handouts to give to clients or to post in your office.
- To access information about community supports and resources for families, check out our Resources link
- Motherrisk (1877-439-2744): for information and research regarding the use of anti-depressants during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Resources for Service Providers:
- Best Start by Health Nexus has developed a Health Care Providers Desk Reference Tool. Best Start’s website also has information specific to health care providers, with resources and information.
- The RNAO has developed a Best Practice Guideline for Interventions for Postpartum Depression which focuses on the confirmation, and treatment of mothers with depression in the first year postpartum
- Postpartum Support International offers professional training programs, international conferences and resources for professionals.