Request a Workshop
‘Adjusting to Life After Baby’ Workshop
A free workshop for parents to be, new parents and their families
1 in 5 women will experience depression or anxiety during her pregnancy or after the birth or adoption of a child.
Unfortunately, many women suffer in silence and do not receive the help they need.
The Peer Educator Program provides credible information about Postpartum Mood Disorders to community members in the Region of Peel. Workshops are facilitated by trained volunteers who have experienced PMD.
Objectives of the workshop are:
* To increase awareness about postpartum mood disorders
* To increase awareness of community supports for families
* To decrease the stigma associated with PMD
During the workshop participants will learn:
* from women who have experienced PMD
* about symptoms and risk factors
* about common “motherhood myths”
* when to get help & where to go
* how family & friends can support women
* the importance of self-care
Please note: Workshops can only be delivered within the Region of Peel and 4-6 weeks notice is requested.
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Educator, live in Peel and have personally experienced PMD please contact:
Region of Peel Volunteer Resources