Resources for Health Care Providers:
- Symptoms Checklist
- Best Start by Health Nexus Health Care Providers Desk Reference Tool for Postpartum Mood Disorder
- Best Start website for health care providers: includes diagnosis and treatment information on postpartum mood disorder.
- RNAO Best Practice Guideline: Assessment and Interventions for Perinatal Depression
- MedEdPPD: US based National Institute of Mental Health website.
- MedEdPPD: Learning Modules
Resources for patients:
- Printable resources for patients: includes information on the Peel Postpartum Mood Disorder Program, fact sheets in multiple languages and more.
- Spectra Helpline: telephone support for patients and their families
- pmdinpeel.ca: information for women and parents
- Adjustment After Birth Peer Support Groups: available at 5 EarlyON Child and Family Centres in Peel Region
- Motherisk: information regarding the use of anti-depressants and other medications during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Women’s Reproductive Mental Health Program at Credit Valley Hospital: women living in the Mississauga Halton LHIN or delivering at one of the 5 LHIN hospitals are eligible for this program. Physician Referral required
For more resources visit: pmdinpeel.ca/resources